Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Making a bad photo a little better

Sometimes, well, a lot of times I will get a photo that I know I would just LOVE if it wasn't so awful and blurry. We can't always have the perfect photo set up.

This photo was taken at my son's Halloween school parade. The kids walked by so fast they made me dizzy. I shoot in manual mode, so I didn't have time to get the right settings on my camera. The lighting was horrible. This was the outcome. Pretty bad. When I opened up my pictures I loved the expressions on his face. I just couldn't throw it out. I decided to mess around and see what I could come up with....

A little cropping, text, adding a sepia tone and an action that added some texture to the photo, I really fell in love with this picture. Do you get so caught up in that perfect exposed, sharp image that you might be missing some really great pictures? Try some texture to a photo. It might just turn that "bad" photo into a cool work of art.

4 comments:

natasha said...

hi kati. i just linked you from jamie bringhurst's blog and wanted to say thank you for being the voice of peace. i won't say much more because this seems like it is your work not personal blog. thanks so much.
natasha

Becky said...

You rock! I love your positive attitude! Your pictures are amazing and I have learned so much from following your blog!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to get a comment from you on my blog.Your comment about my photography was so sweet, but I have a long way to go. I hope when I grow up my pictures will look like yours! I am learning though and mostly thanks to you!

Becky said...

that last comment was from me.