Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Free crochet pattern....

I absolutely LOVE the look of crochet hats on newborns. I love the texture and color it adds to a picture and it just makes me so happy. There is nothing I love more than creating these little hats for newborns as well. 
One of my favorite websites is youcanmakethis.com. It has some of the most beautiful tutorials for handmade items. One of my favorite crochet designers has a free preemie crochet pattern. Her patterns are always so easy to follow and are written out so beautifully. I made this hat as a preemie size for beautiful K.D. (shown above) and it was a tad bit too small...even for such a tiny little munchkin. I would add another round or two if you are wanting it to fit a regular newborn size tiny head. I do tend to crochet a little tight, though. 

Hospitals are always needing hats for the preemies. This is a great service you can provide for local hospitals. I whipped up this hat in a little over an hour. If you don't know how to crochet, this is a wonderful and easy project for you to learn! There are some wonderful videos on you tube that demonstrate the different stitches required to make this little hat. Happy creating :) 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your talents never stop amazing me. Seriously, is there anything you can't do?

jenn said...

Oh, what a cutie! I wish I could have come with you on this session. Love the hat, of course.

~Jason and Heidi~ said...

LOVE the hat!!! LOVE my little peanut! Thanks again!