Saturday, May 28, 2011

Inspiration....

I have a confession to make. I have previously had a really hard time looking at other photographer's work. I know a lot of photographers really like to draw inspiration from others blogs and websites. Truth is...I just got really frustrated and would lose my sense of self. I don't know if that makes any sense...but when I spent more time looking at others work...I lost interest in my own ideas. I find myself wanting to copy a specific idea or pose. I have been seriously guilty of this when it came to newborn photography. But, what I have found is that every newborn is so totally different that it is almost impossible to copy an exact pose and walk away with an image that you will love as much as the original inspiration. I also found that there is no satisfaction when you copy or spend your time trying to be like someone else. 
With that all being said...I have learned to look at other photographer's work and appreciate their style and interpretation of art. I don't feel so insecure anymore and I don't feel the need to copy or follow trends that are ever changing. I enjoy just going with the flow of a session and creating my own "art" as it happens at that present time. 

Recently I have started using pinterest. It is a wonderful source for all things photography related. 
You can follow me here. I have really enjoyed looking at beautiful photography and also crafty things as well. If you aren't pinning yet...you are missing out on a fantastic inspiration resource. Just remember to use it as inspiration and don't lose your own self while you happily "pin"...

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Look how cute we are! I loved how you edited this picture!