Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Babies, Babies, and MORE Babies!

I feel like I have spent more time with newborns than my own kids this past week. Actually, now that I think about it...I have! Spring is definitely here with the births of all these beautiful babies...now I just wish the warm weather would follow their lead.

Baby "C" was a tough one. Good thing I ended up being more stubborn than he is! This little one didn't want to sleep, didn't want to be naked, and most definitely

did not want me to get my own way....

Good thing his mom and I had patience and a determination to get some good shots of this handsome little guy. Isn't he beautiful? !!!!


Mom gave me this gorgeous basket, a new chic camera strap and tons of goodies from her hubby! (He is my dentist...I don't think we will have to buy toothpaste for quite some time!) I don't charge people when I take their photos...and I don't expect the gifts in return...but I sure love it when I get such AMAZING treasures!

Taking newborn photos is kind of becoming an obsession for me. It is challenging, and rewarding all at the same time. It is exhausting and thrilling. My thighs are so sore I can hardly walk. I think I have done about 3000 squats over the past week capturing these sweet little blessings. Last week I spent my time in St. George, Utah with my adorable sister in law and her awesome husband. Their dream finally became a reality when an amazing woman placed her baby in their loving arms. I got to capture it all on camera! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been a part of. The birth mother and her family were truly so wonderful. I feel so blessed that I got to be such a huge part of the miracle that took place. Does anyone know of an organization like NILMDTS that has photographers that donate their time for adoptions? It was such a great experience for me to be a part of! I wondered if there was some kind of organization that offered this service to these selfless mothers who place their babies for adoption? I didn't get a chance to photograph the amazing birth mother with the baby. She had a pretty rough go of things and didn't feel well enough to take pictures before I had to leave. I wish I could have given her the gift of a beautiful photograph to keep and remember what an angel she was to our family. You can follow my brother and sister in law's journey here...http://isaacsara.blogspot.com/ I haven't been able to process the photos yet. My emotions are still a little too close to the surface. Every time I open them up, my high water table gets the best of me and I just can't see through the tears enough to edit properly. At least we have the images. The amazing, beautiful images to cherish always. I will be doing my beautiful niece's newborn shoot this weekend. I cannot wait. Stay tuned for yet....more newborn photos!

6 comments:

jenn said...

I agree with Mat...these are incredible! And the new basket for pics...YUM.

Rachel said...

AHHHHHHH! I can't stand it! He is soooooooooo stinkin' adorable! Why am I so fat?! Why, why, why!?!! If I got pregnant now, I'd never be thin again. But I want one of these! Argh! Stupid carbohydrate addiction!

Beautiful pics, Kati. Can't wait to see your next post!

Robyn said...

Kati, These are all beautiful. You have such a gift. I can't wait to find out all about baby Hazel.

Love ya!

Robyn

The Hall Clan said...

kati--absolutely in love with the crocheted cocoon!!! Love the pattern, love the yarn.
hey, my newest obscession has been crocheted beanies and I made an ecru cotton scalloped one (for the girlies) for my sis and am going to make her one with a brim (for the boys). They are so darn cute and look great in newborn pictures. If you are interested I would love to make you a pair (no charge--I just love to crochet). Since they are so tiny, I whip them out pretty quick.
Let me know.---kami
the basket sidney gave you is awesome

kimber said...

A. Maze. Ing! You are SO talented!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful photos! I especially love the last one!